EUPRP and 2D-6R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs

Go down

Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs Empty Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs

Post by Kravis Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:37 am

(Files unlocked.)

Loading journal..

Success

Welcome back Uriel, to make notes, type in the field down below. The text file will be saved for later use.

============================

??/??/2186 -

"Yesterday, I had to leave the outpost to hunt down a reaper unit that was spying on our outpost, I do not know of it's intentions, but I know that it couldn't of been good. So I left the outpost to hunt down this abomination to make sure it wouldn't get away. However, when I found it. It was with a marauder. The marauder managed to evade my grasp while I was fighting the Venator. I managed to defeat the creature by ripping it's head from it's shoulders. I'm afraid that I was too later however, The marauder might of exposed our position. When I returned to base, all of the 81th woodland division was completely slaughtered...No survivors. Even now, I'm still trying to debate if I was extremely lucky to escape being killed...Or to feel as though my brother was right, that I'm nothing but a Shan-gir. Regardless, the 2nd MSRC returned a few minutes before I showed back up. I spoke to Luther about what happened before he suggested that I should go sleep. It's when I noticed that I haven't slept in the past two days. So I took his advice and soon I fell asleep for countless hours until I awoke this morning. I don't know what will become of today. I only hope it is more peaceful than yesterday."

---

"Today was quiet in the morning, I was called to Commander Greene's office for a surprise meeting. He speaking to me about the deeds I've done and spoke about the former Chief Hospital Corpsman, Kyle Vernon, being M.I.A. He presented me the position of being the division's replacement for Vernon, I honestly could not accept the promotion, I was a conscript, I was never apart of the Alliance, But Greene said that it was his division and that he was a spectre and insisted I'd take up the position. I humbly accepted and was soon off to work getting our new corpsman equipped. A human named Anne Itsuko, I never spoke much to her before, but with her under my wing, I'm looking forward to know about her more. It was after that I had her medical supplies ready to go is when my nightmare had come true. Our position was exposed and the Collectors came to assault our outpost. Each of us held against the assault until a four-legged abomination that I had not seen before dropped on top of us, called a Praetorian. Through it, a menacing voice spoke, The one that belong to Harbinger, the flagship of the Reaper armada. During the fight, Jason Kelce had sustained fatal wounds, Itsuko attended to Kelce in his last moments before he passed on. I...I cannot say that I feel sorrowful for his death. Kelce and I held many bashes against each other with his stubbornness to hold hostilities to all races that were not human. I could never see why he was this way, The galaxy is ending, and he is more focused on hating people trying to help him. He is dead now, however, and I cannot speak to him about it anymore. We retreated back to hide within the forest until we thought that they had stopped looking for us. Greene gave us the signal to move and head towards the fallback outpost, but as soon as we left our hiding place, Cardozo was shot through the heart by a Collector sniper rifle...I did not have the privilege of knowing Cardozo all that much, but I know that the old corpsman held a liking to him. Which made me even more distraught. When we had finally arrived to the Castle, we were seeing to it that our dead were buried and given their last rites. Now I sit her in silence, thinking of all that's been happening around me. Thoughts of self-destruction and grief enter my mind at times. But I try to push them aside to focus on the ever darkening future."

"I don't know if I'm strong enough, however. I keep hearing my brother's last words echo out to me from the day I was rescued by the 2nd MSRC after I went AWOL..."

"Sere, you keep this fighting going on, for our family, It's what mother would of wanted. I know father would of been proud. And me? I couldn't ever be more proud of you than I am right now, brother."

---

"After a mission where we went out to successfully rescue Martinez's fiance, We settled down on the ship once again, I was watching Flynt and Victoria spar when Greene arrived to the sparring room. I had thought that it might be a good challenge to spar against him. The fight was long, and tiresome. Greene is like a krogan in close-quarters combat without the lack of speed. He hits hard and quick. I began to gain the upper hand at the end of the spar, but I unfortunately had lost track of how tired I was. He took me out with a swift uppercut and I had to admit defeat. Luckily. He was a good sport about it and we shared a good time back in the med-bay. Unfortunately for him, I now know every move he used on me in that spar.."

---

"All has been quiet since the crew left for their new base of operations. Commander Greene had asked that I stay behind due to the extreme hostile weather that surrounded the area there. I appreciate the care he places on his crew, because the cold and the Drell do not mix favorably in the world... A few hours after they had left. I went to speak to Doctor Matkovich on his experience with Cerberus. The man has a keen talent for biological studies, I'm glad to have him aboard on the crew acting as our scientist and as our Cerberus informant. After I spoke with him, I meditated in the life support area to clear my head."

---

"It has been a long time since I last looked at these logs, So I will recount my troubles up until this point. Greene returned to us and insisted that we head to Rannoch to participate in the reclamation of the Quarian Homeworld along with the soon to be united peace between the Geth and Quarians. A feat that I am proud to have seen alive. But soon after, We went to the Citadel and heard that Cerberus planned to attack the station in hopes of severing connection in the galaxy. While the crew left to pursue O'Donovan and the Salarian councilor, I heard screams from the dock's security station and I went to investigate. I found a family being pushed around by Cerberus soldiers as they were lining them up to be executed. I quickly acted and attacked the group, Slaughtering the men. however, they were not alone. I had to fight off a squad that had caught me by surprised. By the time I had killed all of them. I had passed out from my wounds. I suffered numerous bullet wounds, And the doctors on Huerta told me that I should of died if not for the timely arrival of my rescuer, A Turian named Jakrius Zervaria. While in Huerta, I had spoken to one of my kin, A man named Thane Krios, He told me of his travels with Shepard to amuse me in his last few minutes he had. We spoke for awhile. Exchanging stories until he had passed away from Kepral's syndrome. To which, I had left to allow his son to mourn his father. I stayed on the citadel for some time with the rest of the Drell that had arrived from Kahje as refugees. It is there that I met one of the last acting commanders in the Kahje military corps. I made a decision there to strip myself of my old training. And to join the Vanguard of Arashu, a elite task force of biotic members in the Hanar Primarcy. This is when I was able to snuck to Earth alongside a group of Alliance marines helmed by Lieutenant Armstrong. And it is there that I finally reunited with the 2nd MSRC. I would talk more, But, I have meditating to do. I must practice my new powers if I am to enter combat again."

---

"Recounting the events since my arrival. I've been introduced to a group who is lead by a human by the name of Negan. He is a brutish man, using destructive tactics to keep his people alive and at the top of the food chain while remaining away from the Reapers. I at first, did not show much aggression to this group until I heard that Thatcher left us to join them in a rash decision of stupidity. While everyone else was busy believing that Thatcher had actually betrayed them. I went to Primus for help and attempting to persuade him to join me in a rescue mission, However, Primus showed his true colors by expressing that Thatcher was a traitor and a lost cause. I must say...I thought Primus was a man of principle. But now I can see he and I do not shame the same views..I left by myself and infiltrated Negan's base. I made sure to examine the base to remember later in case we ever attacked it. I then met the man known as Negan. He was right to lead these people. He displayed a small amount of bravado and toughness, Considering he's kept his N7 armor since his desertion. However, He called upon me to spar Thatcher in my disguise. I had to beat Thatcher down while trying to covertly convince him that he made the wrong decision. To which I believe he agreed on. But soon my disguise was foiled and I was at the mercy of Negan, However, Primus managed to save both of us by using a smoke grenade to confuse the man. I swiftly teleported the two out and we had to flee back to our old base. Although we all survived and settled down at a new base. I feel as though the scar that Thatcher ripped open was something that could not be healed.."

---

"I have not been feeling the need to write here much more. I've been having nightmares in my sleep again. Every hour that passes feels as though we are coming towards the end of this war and to the fight on Earth that will push back the Reapers and destroy them for good. I have spoken to the Commander regarding certain situations. And he's assured me of my concerns. The best I can do now is make sure the new arrivals feel comfortable serving alongside us."

---

"If you are reading this, My Omni-tool has been deactivated by some unforeseen reason, I had updated this program before the battle for Earth, So I assume the event that transpired has caused my...Destruction..I wanted to let people know that, I died a happy man, I had lived a eventful life, And I had also crossed many shades of people. Although I still have my regretful sins, I believe in forgiveness..I want you to know, to the reader, I thank you, thanks to you, I did not die a unknown conscript inside of Chicago, And instead, I died valiantly in the face of the enemy on Earth, Know that, I will be watching from the shores of afterlife, as a vigilant eye against your enemies. Goodbye now, I will see you in the next life that awaits my soul.."

---
*Restarting...Welcome back Uriel Vertanos, It has been fourteen years since you last used this textpad. Your last entry was titled 'Taking Arakriel to Earth'.*
*Track twenty-seven selected.* - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMsg35Wuhvo)

"It's been so long, and so tiresome. Nearly fourteen years since the crew finally split, old faces and new faces, Said goodbye for the last time. I am on Karshia now, our new homeworld, Located just on the brim of Terminus space, With the help of the Council, and of the Hanar, We were able to establish new cities on this strange new world, The feeling of the warm, breeze and the hot desert sands. It reminds me of the tales my father told me when he was born. Now I'm here, My son, who is my last gift to this world, Has grown into a young man, and has told me he wished to become a Council Spectre one day, just like Commander Greene... Greene... I feel as though, down in my heart, I wish we were still stuck in the reaper war, To relish in the good times, and the bad times, It was a ride i quietly wished never would of ended. But all things come to a end. And I'm glad that most of us made it out alive, and the dead can be at rest. My siha, she is still as beautiful as the day I met her on the Citadel, she is living a good life as a doctor, just as how I trained her, And I find work as a old man, telling stories, and encouraging our youth to help build this brand new home of ours... With my son leaving to join the Kahje Special Forces, I wanted to say one last thing to those who may find this message long after my passing. I love you all. You were my family, not through blood, but through companionship. Until next time, this is Uriel Vertanos, wishing you a happy life, because we have all earned it. Goodbye. and goodnight."

Last edited by Kravis on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
Kravis
Kravis

Back to top Go down

Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs Empty Re: Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs

Post by Kravis Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:06 pm

::Updated::
Kravis
Kravis

Back to top Go down

Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs Empty Re: Uriel Vertanos' Omni-Logs

Post by Kravis Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:40 pm